Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lanie Collection!

Lanie, the 2010 Girl of the Year (Limited Edition 2010 doll) will not be officially released until January 1st, but you can catch her collection here a little bit early...


Here is the American Girl catalog cover...notice a photo contest will be held called "Lanie's Backyard Photo Contest".

Here is the inside of the catalog...


Lanie has a camper!!! But it costs $295. So, yeah. She also has a raccoon that pokes his head out of a trash can. Maybe the trash can will be more in my budget. LOL.

I love squirrels. In fact, in celebration of Lanie I will have to add my beautiful squirrel photos of my little squirrel I took care of for a week. He was the sweetest little thing. (The hurricane left him stranded, and and none of the rescue centers would take him because they were all full, so I just had to take care of him myself for about a week until finally some space opened up in one of the centers. But that's a story for later.) So anyway, point is- love squirrels. But getta load of Lanie's squirrel. Lanie's squirrel is like, as big as the fox. Man. AG is having some proportion issues.
Gotta be honest here. I'm not loving Lanie's outfit selections.

Hmmm. Okay, on the book covers and illustrations, I think Lanie is super-cute. The doll is nice, but I think the girl in the illustrations is cuter than the actual doll. So right now I'm thinking I like Lanie as a character but not as a doll. We'll see.
Well, that's it for now. See you tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment