Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AGPChicago Art & Display

Here are the display doll rooms in 2004 at American Girl Place Chicago. I loved them! (But I think they should make them bigger). Here they are:


Kit's room is fantastic, isn't it? It looks like Kit has just ran downstairs to help Mother and we're walking into her room just as she left it.

Here is Molly's tent from Camp Gowanogin. I love that is holds life-size accessories that are the same as the dolls!
Here is Samantha's summer at Grandmary's home in the mountains. It is very nice but I don't think the scenery looks too real, so..


Addy's church fair was okay but kind if like Sam's, it lacked a real feeling.


Kirsten's scene, Mr. Berkhoff's General Store, was pretty cool. It had that old-timey pioneer feeling.

This one is Josefina's. It is very plain but I like it. I have always had this weird obsession with the oven in her collection so maybe that's why I liked this display. I don't have the doll's oven from her collection but I have always wanted to play with it. I like that you put the little white bun in there and then they have a browned, golden bun to take out (as it has really been baked).

Kaya's is nice but the scenery in the backdrop looks lame to me, like a painting, not the real sky.
Here are the paintings haning up. They are the original book illustrations from the illustrators which is neat. These were hangin up in the gallery at American Girl Place Chicago in 2004.


See how they are roped off? They won't let you near them, haha.


Below is one of my favorite illustrations from the American Girl books. It is Kit sitting in a quiet looking library in 1930's Cincinnati and if you look closely you notice she has a copy of American Girl magazine. How clever of them :) Of course it is not the same American Girl magazine that AG puts out, but there did used to be an American Girl magazine that was widely read before, in fact it was called the official magazine of Girl Scouts.

And here is my very favorite ever American Girl book illustration. I love love lvoe the picture of Aunt Millie and Kit doing the washing together.


No comments:

Post a Comment